Newest SANParks Volunteers!

It is hard to believe that this year is already half way over and just flying by!  Being the middle of the year that means the latest intake of GVI volunteers have arrived here in South Africa.  After spending the first two weeks in the Kruger National Park training (many blogs about training to come!) the volunteers have been whisked away to their new homes at Golden Gate Highlands and Mokala National Parks!  Here is a brief introduction to let everyone know who the new vols are and what they may be up to!  Keep a lookout on the blog for many more stories about their experiences in the parks!

Caitlin Cunningham


My name is Caitlin Cunningham and I will be joining Sarah in the People and Conservation Department at Mokala National Park for a one year volunteer internship. I am coming from Canada where I have been studying Conservation and Environmental Management and have been working for Parks Canada on a variety of conservation and education projects. I am excited for this opportunity to be in South Africa and look forward to learning about the parks system and getting involved with projects in Mokala. I can’t wait to explore as much of this country as I can, and am very excited to be escaping the frigid Canadian winter.

Romayne Malcolm
Hi I’m Romayne Malcolm,

I come from Australia where my work as an educator / guide in environmental, heritage and cultural studies fully indulges my life long love of art, nature, people, culture, travel and history. I am passionate about sharing the wonders and value of our amazing world and its people, and feel I am completely blessed to have this incredible opportunity to do what I love while learning, and experiencing as much as I can in a country as beautiful and spellbinding as South Africa. I also love to dance!

New vols overlooking the Kruger National Park

Benjamin Tupper - SANParks/GVI coordinator


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: