First impressions of Garden Route National Park!


The land with much water or Tsitsikamma in native tongue.

When I arrived at my new home for the year I was immediately carried away by the beauty that Tsitsikamma has to offer, and this considering that I have only scratched the surface when it comes to knowing my new environment.

During my first days here, I have been mainly orientating and looking around at the Garden route National Park, although I have started my first project as we speak. It involves doing research about the educative recourses that are currently available in the Garden Route National Park as a whole, and so prevent the different People and Conservation officers of “inventing the wheel twice” when it comes to environmental education.

So I must carry on now, otherwise I am not going to meet my deadline ;-).

Posted by: Joris Wiersinga

GVI Intern at Tsitsikamma National Park


Photos (All taken by Joris Wiersinga)

Top left: Knysna seahorse

Bottom right: Garden Route NP


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: