IT'S OVER

In January, six months seemed like a very long time. When my last day at Bontebok arrived in July, I was not ready for it to end.

Being on a small park was so rewarding. We reached 1000+ students mostly in school visits but there were park visits, exhibitions and participation in municipal programs as well. I completely fell in love with the freedom of a non-predator park, and with daily encounters with wildlife. I became a bit of a birder.

The Bontebok National Park staff is like a family. On a few occasions we laughed ourselves senseless. Our office door became the place to stop and exchange stories. It was all wonderful.
I loved it. And like others before and after me, I will always think of Bontebok as “my” park.

Written by: Kim Rozell
GVI Intern at Bontebok 2010 (Jan - July)


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: