Introducing ME

Picture of me

I am Milanie, the newest member to the GVI team here at Karongwe Private Game Reserve, South Africa, and I want to formally introduce myself. My life started in a town called Bellville, Western Cape, which is where I was born, when I was 2 years old my family moved to a very small town called Stilfontein, North West… Okay, maybe I don’t have to get into that much detail. 

To make a long story very short, I am from Cape Town and I am now living at GVI’s base at Karongwe Private Game Reserve. The title I proudly wear is South African National Parks Coordinator and Research Assistant. This job is amazing, and I could never have dreamed of living in a beautiful area like this, doing a job that I love, when I was crying myself through my fourth year Conservation Ecology exams at university (the crying wasn’t really that bad). After four years at university I decided I wanted a break and some life experience, so I went to teach English in South Korea for 13 months.

Korea really helped me realize that I miss and need nature in my life. So I came back to my mother country and got my FGASA level 1 field guide qualification. So that is me in a very big nutshell.

Hope to be seeing some of you guys reading this blog, because that would be great, NEW FRIENDS!

Totsiens (yes I am Afrikaans).

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: